We welcome Deacon Steve Talbot, from St. Daniel, to our Eucharistic Celebration this weekend. We begin the Lenten season with Jesus’ proclamation of the good news: “The time of fulfillment is now. The reign of God is near. Reform your lives.” We hear Jesus’ voice and enter the journey that will take us to Easter and the renewal of our Baptism promises.
READINGS FOR FEBRUARY 21, 2021
FIRST SUNDAY OF LENT-B
1st Reading—Genesis 9: 8-15—After the great flood, God told Noah of the covenant between heaven and earth. Never again would a flood destroy the earth. To mark this covenant, the Lord set up a rainbow in the sky
Responsorial Psalm: 91: 1-2, 10-11, 14-15—“Be with me Lord, when I am in trouble, be with me, Lord, I pray.”
2nd Reading—1 Peter 3: 18-22—As the ark saved a chosen few in Noah’s day, so does baptism by faith save God’s chosen today. Baptism is “an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”
Gospel Acclamation—Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ, King of endless glory! “We do not live on bread alone, but we live on ev’ry word from our God.” Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ, King of endless glory!
Gospel—Mark 1: 12-15—The Spirit sent Jesus to the desert to fast and pray for forty days. Afterwards, Jesus appeared in Galilee proclaiming “the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”
FIRST SUNDAY OF LENT – B – February 21, 2021
PRAYERS OF THE FAITHFUL
1) Let us pray for the Church:
God of all creation, the rainbow reminds us of your love.
May our covenant with you bring us life and bind us in love to one another in your holy Church.
2) Let us pray for the world:
Lord, through our alms giving this Lent, may our daily actions express that all people are precious and that the lives and welfare of our brothers and sisters all over the world are priorities.
3) Let us pray for those chosen for the Easter sacraments:
Jesus, Friend and Brother, walk with our adult members who are preparing for Baptism and Profession of Faith.
Renew our whole parish this Lent.
4) Let us pray for the sick:
Healing and compassionate God, send the Holy Spirit upon those who have asked for our prayers –
Betty Morici Diane Kudza Reagan Bahling Katy Powers
Reagan Bayling Michael Zyrek Theresa Hund Donna Ferrara
Jackie Nowicki Tom Rogan Pam Allen Brad Mersino
Bob Mizejewski Max Justus Rachel Tremblay Robert Lee
And upon all of our ailing friends and loved ones.
5) Let us remember the dead:
May the One who died for our sins once for all, raise up our beloved departed, especially — Marian Olson and…
(5:00 Mass) Julie Becigneul
(8:30 Mass) Jere Ann Crawford, Richard Moo
(10:30 Mass) Art & Esther Roseneu
6) Let us offer our personal needs now to God: (PAUSE)
Let your loving kindness descend on each one of us. Help us all hunger for you, O God.
We pray to the Lord…
ANNOUNCEMENTS – February 21, 2021
- Middle School Youth Group will meet on Tuesday, February 23rd from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in Hardy Hall.
- Attention High School Seniors: the deadline to apply for the Knights of Columbus scholarship is April 16. Applications are on the Knights bulletin board in Hardy Hall or available on St. Anne’s website. All graduating seniors intending to attend college or trade school are eligible to apply.
- This Friday the Stations of the Cross will be prayed beginning at 7 p.m.