Fr. Gerry has just returned back from retreat and a much needed break. This weekend we welcome Pallottine Missionary, Fr. Brendan McCarrick. We thank Fr. Brendan for sharing of his time and talents and celebrating with the Parish of St. Anne.
Today we honor Mission Sunday around our world. We pray for the missionary effort of our Church and today as part of our regular collection, we make our offerings for the support of the foreign missions.
READINGS FOR NOVEMBER 8, 2020
1st Reading—Wisdom 6: 12-16—Wisdom is there for those who love and seek her: resplendent, unfading, responsive, eager, patient, perfect, gracious and caring.
Responsorial Psalm: 63—“My soul is thirsting, my soul is thirsting, my soul is thirsting, for you O Lord, my God.”
2nd Reading—1 Thessalonians 4: 13-18—Those who have died in Christ will rise first. Believers will be with Christ forever. Christians can comfort one another with this knowledge.
Alleluia—“Alleluia! Stay awake and be ready! For you do not know what day your Lord will come! Alleluia!”
Gospel—Matthew 25: 1-13—Jesus told the disciples the parable of the bridesmaids, emphasizing the urgency of keeping alert to the coming of God’s reign: “Therefore, stay awake, for you know neither the day nor the hour.”
PRAYERS OF THE FAITHFUL
1) Let us pray for the Church:
Lord, you are the Bridegroom, your people your bride. Help us to open to you when you come into our lives.
2) Let us pray for our nation:
God, eternal ruler, bless our elected leaders and judges.
May Wisdom make herself known in our land, right judgment and compassion. Guide our nation in the pathways of your peace.
3) Let us pray for the sick and the suffering:
Healing Lord, bring relief to those in pain, especially —
Holly Francis Dolores Cumming Elena Perea
Dot Tebelman Joyce Stewart Jon Barber Rod Mersino
Kimber Fox Sister Judy Jones Darren McLaughlin
Alex Fabian Family
And to all who have asked for our prayers.
4) Let us remember the dead:
May our beloved dead be with you unceasingly, Eternal God, especially …
(5:00 Mass) Frederick & Mariah Andre
(8:30 Mass) Frank Genovese, Jerry & Eileen Rance
(10:30 Mass) Maureen McLoughlin
Grant eternal rest to all of our deceased loved ones.
5) Let us pray for our personal needs in silence:
Bless our veterans and all of those who are still serving. May they feel our love and respect.
We pray to the Lord…
ANNOUNCEMENTS – November 8, 2020
- Mary Siring, our Right to Life representative, will be selling Christmas cards next weekend and the weekend of November 22nd. They appreciate your support.
- Our Bible Study will resume on Tuesday, November 10th at 9:30 a.m.
- Thanksgiving is drawing near. We won’t be able to have our usual distribution, so we are asking for Bueche’s gift cards. You can leave these in the box at Bueche’s or bring them here and put them in the designated area. We thank you for your generosity.
- We are in need of a few things in the food pantry: kid’s cereals, chicken noodle and tomato soup, Ziploc sandwich bags, garbage bags and shampoo.
- From our Grand Knight-Jim Russell: The Knights of Columbus would like to thank the parish of St. Anne and our surrounding community for their outstanding support of this year’s Tootsie Roll drive. Despite health and safety restrictions, this was the most successful drive in our history resulting in donations of $6979.50. eighty percent of funds collected are being distributed equally to 3 local charities and 20% is earmarked for charities supported by the Michigan K of C. Thank you so much for making life better for those with special needs.